One of the fastest growing free zone in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) is spread over 200-hectare, mixed-use waterfront master development facilitating both business and community and offering commercial, retail and residential property for sale and lease. The JLT free zone has over 6,400 companies enjoying its facilities and services and which are diversified from multinational organizations and other major regional industry players, to small and medium sized companies and start-up businesses and entrepreneurs.
AS Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) is located in the heart of New Dubai and serviced by two Dubai metro stations within the community, the company registration in JLT free zone is located on Sheikh Zayed Road, which is the main arterial road connecting Dubai and Abu Dubai. Jumeirah Free Zone (JLT) Free Zone is also having close proximity to Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) and ports, along with Al Maktoum International Airport and Dubai Logistics Corridor.
Company registration/formation in JLT has streamlined processes, dependable and world class customer support , services and good industry clustering, modern and state of the art infrastructure, prime location in Dubai and freehold commercial and residential property are few of the reasons why the Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) free zone is your first choice for startup or relocation of your business in Dubai.
The governing authority for JLT companies is DMCC which registers and licenses companies, provides immigration (visa) and other related government services. DMCC also supports new business in obtaining other value added services required to establish their businesses in Dubai.
JLT Free Zone offers following benefits for setting up a company:
• Offers 100% foreign business ownership
• Zero corporate and personal tax rate
• Capital repatriation is 100% and there are no currency restrictions
• One or more shareholders
• Purpose-built infrastructure and unique industry clustering
• Offering secure, regulated and monitored environment and licensing a full range of business activities
• JLT’s strategic location on Sheikh Zayed Road and in close proximity to JAFZA, TECOM and Dubai Logistics Corridor
• Good freehold infrastructure with commercial and residential property for sale or lease for very competitive rates
• Space offered by JLT includes variety of quality retail, commercial, residential and industrial
• Collection of all documentation, there processing along with issuance of licenses through comprehensive client relationship management which assures a fast and efficient service
Types of Company Structures and Licenses
Types of Company Structures
JLT Free Zone companies can be registered/set up as a:
New Company (FZ LLC with Individual or Multiple Shareholders)
Branch (of a local or foreign company)
Subsidiary (of a local or foreign company)
The minimum share capital requirement for New Company’s and Subsidiary’s is AED 50,000 per shareholder. For new companies with more than one shareholder, the share capital can be determined by multiplying the number of shareholders with AED 50,000. Branches of local or foreign companies are exempt from the requirement of additional share capital.
Note: Some activities are required a larger share-capital. Minimum par value of each share should be AED 1,000 or multiples thereof.
Types of Licenses
For those who are interested in setting up and licensing their new or existing company in JLT can select from a wide range of business activities and license types.
Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) Free Zone offers following three types of business licenses
• DMCC License (Commodities Sector related activities)
• JLT License (All other activities which are Non-Commodities business)
• Industrial License (This type of licenses are restricted to light manufacturing activities)
Note: Those activities which fall under different categories, should apply for separate licenses for each category of activity.